Paranormal & Occult Investigations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for information on Labradorite

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brennalarosa
Ghost
Ghost

Looking for information on Labradorite Empty
PostSubject: Looking for information on Labradorite   Looking for information on Labradorite Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:31 pm

I've recently found myself being drawn to labradorite. It started as a search for LARP costuming (I play an escaped faerie captive who deals in the occult and fear). My mother, knowing that the faction colors I needed were gray and autumn hues, found a string of labradorite chips to bead my dress with, saying they fit because they were gray with "little ghosts" inside (the blue-green sheen inside). Now, I can't get enough of the stuff. A Google search yielded very little information and I'm wondering if anybody might know anything or where to find more info.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Alexa
Admin
Admin
Alexa

PostSubject: Re: Looking for information on Labradorite   Looking for information on Labradorite Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Labradorite is known as the "Spiritual Awakening" stone and is known to reveal to you your spiritual destiny, and will also help you develop your psychic abilities. This usually happens during your dream state, when your unconscious mind is more willing to work with this type of thing, so it's probably a wise idea to meditate with your stone (I think I made a post about how to do this), and I would also try to sleep with your stone under your pillow or on your nightstand.

This stone can also help you develop your ability to see auras. Labradorite promotes strength of will and a feeling of inner worth about your own abilities. It also helps to combine intellectual thought with intuitive wisdom enhancing creativity, and promotes creativity by inspiring you to come up with original ideas and solutions to problems. Also an excellent gemstone for those seeking to lose weight as it balances and regulates metabolism.

A little history:
Labradorite was first found in 1770 on the Labrador Peninsula in Canada. It is also found in Norway, and the former USSR. There is a blue semi-transparent variety called spectrolite that is only found in Finland. (That was found here.) That website is also a pretty good site for buying various stones and has some great info, I visit there a lot.

Hope this helped some, let me know if you have any other questions!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/ar_poe
brennalarosa
Ghost
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Looking for information on Labradorite   Looking for information on Labradorite Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:00 am

Thanks! That explains a lot and that's probably why I'm so attracted to it. Though, with the way I toss and turn, the chips I have might get lost if they're under my pillow!
Back to top Go down
Alexa
Admin
Admin
Alexa

PostSubject: Re: Looking for information on Labradorite   Looking for information on Labradorite Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:07 am

Try meditating with it before sleep and placing it next to your bed =)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/ar_poe
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for information on Labradorite   Looking for information on Labradorite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for information on Labradorite
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paranormal & Occult Investigations :: New Age :: Stones and Runes-
Jump to: