Paranormal & Occult Investigations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Empathy Basics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexa
Admin
Admin
Alexa

Empathy Basics Empty
PostSubject: Empathy Basics   Empathy Basics Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Empathy Basics Empathy
(The universal symbol of the empath community)

Since I've learned that I am an empath, I've done a lot of research on the topic, and I've come to find that there are six basic types of empathy. Now, not everyone is an empath, but all of us are sensitive in different ways, just as everyone has some form of psychic abilities. We just don't know how, or are unable to, open that part of the brain. There are dozens of more specific types of empathy, such as animal empathy, emotional empathy, and so on, but they all fall under these categories:

• Clairvoyance – Clear Seeing. This does not mean that they have sight of the future or past, like seers; however they sometimes can give information into your future or past by visioning an incident or scene. Clairvoyance is associated with the 6th Chakra known as the Third Eye. Clairvoyants are able to see places, people, words, or objects within the mind's eye; they read for people by describing to them what it is that they can see. They also have the abilities to see auras, guides, and other energies. They do not see like we do physically in 3-D form but rather like a vision or a dream. The images just appear within our mind. These visions can appear as if they are watching a movie or may even be still images like a photograph. Occasionally the clairvoyant feels as if they are actually there physically and watching the scene.
  • Clairsentience – Clear Sense or Clear Feeling. This is where the person feels or senses things. This can be emotional feelings or feeling physical pain that has occurred. You could always refer to this as our intuition. Although there may be no knowledge of where this feeling is coming from or who it is from, it is just simply there, it is known. This is the ability to feel what others can feel. (I am a clairsentient).
  • Claircognizant – Clear Recognition. People often confuse this with clairsentience. This is the ability to know something, no-one tells them and it is not something that they’ve read before, they just simply know it. It is an inner feeling, gut feeling, something which is just known. They have an ability to answer questions and back them up with facts; when before they did not know anything. (I am also a claircognizant).
  • Clairaudience – Clear Hearing. This means that they have the ability to hear information and things that are not actually near them; such as voices, tones, bells, music, song and other types of sound. They receive information from spirits, which could be the spirit of a loved one who is being read for or it could be spirit guides. Some clairaudients hear these voices on a physical level whilst others hear the voice in their head. Some skeptics often argue that it is all within their imagination. However, these words come to clairaudients at such a fast rate that they wouldn’t have time to think of these words themselves even if they wanted to. These people are often misjudged as to “hear voices,” and is sometimes thought of as to be crazy or even schizophrenic. Some clairaudients pick up on conversations when there is no one near them or within hearing distance.
  • Clariscentist – Clear Scent. These are people who are able to smell fragrances, or substances that are not near them. This can include perfumes, smoke, alcohol, food, coffee and so on.
  • Clairgustant – Clear Taste. These people are able to taste substances without even putting anything in their mouth. This could be cigarettes, food or drink. Sometimes the person will drink water or something with no taste in order to pick up/receive tastes from a person that they are reading.

You can find out what empathic type you are here.

(Credit goes to Empathic Perspectives)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/ar_poe
pandainmud
Ghost
Ghost

Empathy Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empathy Basics   Empathy Basics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:55 am

Thanks a lot for the information; I would love to check out the link. The info about the six types of empaths is really great. I had never heard of that word "empath" before, although I knew about empathy.
Back to top Go down

Empathy Basics
Page 1 of 1